Economic Development and Justice
Economic Development and Justice Caucus Chair - Rev. Kenneth Anderson
CFC Priorities for the 2013 Legislative Session
- Support fair solutions to the Medicaid budget shortfall, fight bad tax cuts and support fair tax reform.
- Implement energy efficiency and renewable energy policies to save consumers money, create jobs and cultivate market certainty for clean energy investors.
- Strengthen laws to prevent wage theft by increasing penalties for employers who refuse to pay workers.
CFC Broad Platform for the 2013 Session
- Assist local communities in forming Minority Business Associations that would promote the growth and retention of minority businesses in Arkansas.
- Develop a Delta regional strategic plan between Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi to implement regional solutions to issues prevalent in the mid-south delta region.
- Pass the Main Street Mobility Act to promote inclusive mobility (walking, cycling and transit) and support “complete streets” to enable safe access for all types of transportation.
- Designate state or national water trails in the Delta and support tax credits for related recreational businesses.